I'm sure as of now just about
everyone who has some sort of access to social media or T.V has heard about
Justin Beiber and his "substance abuse" or reckless behavior or maybe
the ridiculous acts of other celebrities in recent news. While i'm quite used
to our society paying attention to irrelevant things such as these but at the
recent news coverage they've given to the more fortunate around us is
astounding and is why I feel our society has turned a blind eye. When I say
blind eye I dont just mean toward paying attention to things that actually
matter im talking about turning a blind eye toward any sort of intullectual
though at all. For example when ever has a celebrity "who are allowed to
get away with way more that we could" been such a big deal that CNN or any
other national news network needs to mkae it a top story. Considering that
there are still people fighting for their freedom, fighting to eat, and just overall survive
like in iraq, iran, georgia, many parts of northern africa, and even more so
here in America. I grew up in neighborhoods where gang violence existed and
people would die for all the wrong reasons and back then we had a lot of the
fight political opression message in music back in the day you would see people
on T.V talking about the things ariund us that actually mattered. However now
there is no outlet to have that message heard and our outlets have been flooded
and submerged by such one sided thinking that now all we hear about is
celebrites and the problems with the one percenters and never how poverty and
hunger not only affects us but everyone and I hope this changes but for now all
we see is people turning a blind eye.
I often think that the news in the U.S. is a sad waste of time. What is presented on a global scale almost seems dumbed down to the average American audience. After having lived abroad, I know that local networks do not offer the same news as their global counterparts do. Unfortunately, these networks need profit to survive and too many people are interested in in people like Bieber.
ReplyDelete